One LED for a 24x24x14 reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTodd

Aquarium Advice Addict
I may end up with a 35g (24x24x14) tank. It will be reef and is going in a corner in our bedroom. I plan to paint the two sides that face the wall black and will stack live rock against those sides. Would one of the eBay Taotronics type LED panels be enough?

Yep that would be perfect. Just get the dimmable version . It will need to be turned down a lot since the tank is not very tall.

I agree, I use a single panel over my 24 x 24 x 24 tank and its even bright on that deep of a tank. The dimmable version is a must.

Cool. I have two that I got over the holidays/my birthday, so I am all set. They are the dimmable from eBay that everyone seems to get here. :)

Now I just need to see if this seller on CL will come down to my price for his tank and stand...

Pics or it didn't happen! ;) J/k. Hope all works out and start a new thread when you can.
I am a firm believer in pics. :). Heading out in a couple hours and, of corse, its two hours away like my 240g was. I plan to hit up some of the LFS in the area too, so it's gonna be a fish day.

FYI, they moved this over here to Equipment, but I started a build thread over in Member's Tanks (yes, with pics ). :)

Back
Top Bottom