One Molly BUT I HAVE FRY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicsdragon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have one red velvet molly in my 90 gallons tank-however today I noticed fry in the tank! Is this possible or am I totally insane and/or missing something here?

Mollies, as well as most other livebearers, can become pregnant up to 8 times from one fertilization. I'd guess it came from the store knocked up.

I find that most livebearer's come from the lfs pregnant. I separated my male and female guppies 3 months ago and the females are still giving birth to fry. Hopefully they are almost done.

Well, seeing as how they're capable of going 8 rounds on one tank of gas, and that gestation is about 28 days, you could be looking at a few more months yet. Have fun!

I'm in the same boat,I have 2 platy's that keep popping out little one's,The first day i brought them home there were fry in my tank and that was 2 month's ago and they are still popping them :roll: My girl friend love's having the babie's so she made me go get a male to make sure they keep on coming :evil:

shumway said:
I'm in the same boat,I have 2 platy's that keep popping out little one's,The first day i brought them home there were fry in my tank and that was 2 month's ago and they are still popping them :roll: My girl friend love's having the babie's so she made me go get a male to make sure they keep on coming :evil:
LOL i bought 4 female platys last week sunday, and tonight at about 10pm i saw 3 fry in my 10 gallon i am so excited, power to the breeders, i hope they stay alive.

Back
Top Bottom