One more slight problem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if any one wants some small mouth bass I can cast net some! And bluegill too!

U can raise the bluegill/bass to a good size and eat them. That is great that u have a nearby pond stocked with those fish. I usually have to drive more than 45 mins to get to a good fishing place.

When I said "didn't even look at him" I meant the bass didn't glance at the worm haha! Sorry for the confusion!

He ate 1 mosquito in two weeks and I put one in last night but he never found it :/

I caught him using a minnow trap with hot dog, he got stuck in there because he was curious haha. I already tried hot dog, and I have the filter/aerator off when food is available...I'm just super low on options so I hope he eats something soon...he's interested in flying bugs from what I've seen so far, but Mosquitos get hard to catch and if they lay eggs without warning, I'm screwed lol

I caught him using a minnow trap with hot dog, he got stuck in there because he was curious haha. I already tried hot dog, and I have the filter/aerator off when food is available...I'm just super low on options so I hope he eats something soon...he's interested in flying bugs from what I've seen so far, but Mosquitos get hard to catch and if they lay eggs without warning, I'm screwed lol

Lol. I'll try looking everyone and asking people what to feed wild large mouth bass. Hope he survives until I find something good.

Actually I didn't, I caught the bass on mothers day at my grandmothers house....her community has a few ponds and there were a bunch of bass fry right in my sight while I was fishing, and I got this little fellow by chance!:)

Actually I didn't, I caught the bass on mothers day at my grandmothers house....her community has a few ponds and there were a bunch of bass fry right in my sight while I was fishing, and I got this little fellow by chance!:)

Wow. :) and he is still alive after only eating a mosquito. Lol

Also Bass are ambush predators I think you should build the tank up with rocks and some plants fake or live and also try to turn the lights off when you feed him largemouth are more prone to top cover and shadows also you don't need that small of bait you would be surprised what the little ones will go after, I have cause 5 inchers on crank baits almost their size! Also what may work is small crawfish you can get then by sifting the silt on a creek bottom and they will stay live and moving in the tank then kill the lights to the room and tank and see what he does

Back
Top Bottom