One of my fish died......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe_D

Aquarium Advice Freak
My present 10 gal tank has been cycled and stocked for over a year and a half. BTW. it is fully planted.
All fish have been doing excellent.

However today, one of my Panda Cory cats suddenly died.
Yesterday all the cats were doing just fine

This is to be expected as even in the wild some fish die for no apparent reason

This is no different than any other animal.

I was not posing a question
I was just stating facts

A fish will sometimes die as all animals do..... and it can often not be because you did something wrong :)

There is always a reason for their death. It's just a matter of finding out what the reason is.

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH (in numbers)?
Did you do anything to the tank yesterday?
Have you added anything to the aquarium in the last 2 weeks?
Do you have a picture of the dead fish?

You guys are acting like the fish told me why it was dying... or I did something to just target that one fish. :)

You guys are acting like the fish told me why it was dying... or I did something to just target that one fish. :)
Joe d, I don't think anyone's trying to blame you. Just trying to help you figure what happened so you can be sure others aren't at risk. Hopefully this helps!!!!!

I was not trying to figure it out. I was just stating a fact .
Over a year an a half since I set it this tank a single fish died. :)

Could that fish had been older than the others?

I don't think so. My three pandas were all the same size

It just started to more or less swim upside down for a day then died,

Just monitor the remaining fish and if any more die from the same symptoms, then there could be an issue that will need investigating. Until then, enjoy watching them :)

Fish do indeed die from indiscernible causes. I lost a few under optimum water parameters. Appropriate tank mates. Others thrived. Very sad. I’m sorry you lost your little guy.

Back
Top Bottom