One survivor out of six. Can I help it live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierflie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I believe my platy was pregnant when I bought her from the store about two weeks ago. Yesterday she gave birth and I counted six babies. Now i can only find one of them and it's constantly hiding under an ornament in my aquarium. Anyways I can increase the chance of it living? I do believe my tank is fully cycled.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

+1. Breeder nets will keep the fry safe. Unless you have a heavily planted tank or lots of hiding places, fry will most likely be eaten because of other tank mates and cannibalistic parents.

Aces11 said:
+1. Breeder nets will keep the fry safe. Unless you have a heavily planted tank or lots of hiding places, fry will most likely be eaten because of other tank mates and cannibalistic parents.

The thing is, I don't have a breeder net. This was completely unintentional and under the circumstance that I am under the legal age, I can't drive myself to go buy one.

Well get someone to drive you and get one they are pretty cheap and any pet store should have them.

FreshwaterTropical said:
Well get someone to drive you and get one they are pretty cheap and any pet store should have them.

Okay I'll try.

Or make one....2 liter soda bottle...idk someone on here did it for ghoast shrimp

Gboy66 said:
Or make one....2 liter soda bottle...idk someone on here did it for ghoast shrimp

Okay thanks! I'll try that!

Back
Top Bottom