One Year Fish Tank Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelfishLover2011

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my aquarium for a little over a year. It's a 60 gallon fresh water aquarium. It has had everything from goldfish to bettas to angelfish and beyond. I currently have 1 veil angelfish, 1 male swordtail, and one giant danio.

My interest in aquariums started with me buying a one gallon fish tank and a blue and red betta. The betta unfortunately has died but my love for fish has not. One month after I bought the betta, I asked my dad for a 30 gallon. He shocked me by bringing me a 60 gallon glass aquarium. I put goldfish in it at first but the aquarium just wasn't at it's full potential. I gave my goldfish to my brother and I bought the fishes that I currently have now.

I just need a little bit of advice. I want to get more fish but I just don't know which ones I should get. I know that I absolutely want a pleco, I want more giant danios, I want more swordtails, and I want more angelfish. I just can't figure out how many of each I can have in my tank. I really need help finding a balance. :fish2:

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! I suggest you get some mire Danios. They like to be kept in schools! :)

Last edited:
I know they do and I wish I could find more, but everytime I go to the store, they don't have any. :(

If you ask the people at the LFS they will probably order you some giant danios. If you want a pleco there are several that would do well in a 60gal just do your research b4 you add anything lots of plecos will outgrow a 60. What kind of filter are you running? That's need to know info if you want stocking help. And do you know about doing PWCs?

Back
Top Bottom