Only a canister no HOB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King_Corral

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I've got just a fluval fx5 no HOB do I need a HOB I've got some algae on my glass I clean it though everytime I see hut I have some on my rock and output input nozzle I've got a 125gal with maybe 10 cichlids and a blue crayfish what's a good HOB will that get rid of the rock algae?

algae is most likely due to too much light and or nutrients in the water column... i HOB filter will not get rid of it.

could you provide more details on the rest of your tank set up including timing and details for the lights..?

+1 A HOB won't get rid of algae. There are other causes. A Fluval FX5 should be more than enough filter for a 125g.

- What kind of algae is it?
- What are your water parameters?
- What type of light do you have?
- How long is the light on each day?

+1. The HOB wont help with the algae. Most likely the culprit is overfeeding or too much light. Although I do run HOB's on all my tanks along with the canister. I use them mostly to polish the water and they also create surface motion which is good for oxygen exchange. JMO.

Ha problem solved it's to much time I heard really light is just needed for when looking at the fish but mine is on a lit cause I like looking at them and keeping my lobster from eating thanks that's the problem though.

Back
Top Bottom