only half a nudibranch today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
We have two posibilities here:

1. someone was snackin on my nudi

2. i accidently cut him in half when some rocks shifted

So here's my question. I saw the half a nudi floating around. I caught him and placed him on a patch of algae. He was dead to the world for a few hours. Then he started moving. He's been roaming around the patch for a while eating as he goes. Although he's not used to his length since he's missing a half inch, so he's a little clumsy. Can a nudi regerate like other worms and some slugs can? I've grown fond of my ruffled slug and i'd hate to lose him.

Thanks
Jim

he's a lettuce nudi.

nudi.JPG

but right now he's half the slug he used to be

Jim

Well, when I got home from work today I noticed that the nudi is still moving around being a happy gastropod. Except he moved right into a frogspawn sweeper. Then he was not too happy, curling into a small ball. If he survives a few more days and i observe regrowth i'll note it here.

Jim

After 10 days the nudi completely grew back. So I didn't kill him like I thought I did. Although, he still isn't very bright. He keeps touching my hammer coral and then looking quite stunned when he gets stung. I think it took 4 stings before he decided that he couldn't go that way :)

Jim

Grew back? Wow, hard to believe that it regenerated so fast. Mine has been onm the front glass for over a week now not moving hardly at all from day to day.

mine has been focused on a patch of algae for a while now. He just does laps around it. I never see him actually eat, but the one type of algea he likes slowly disappears. His favorite is some sort of long green stringy algea. I'm not sure what it is, but that's what he keeps eating.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom