ooo NOOOOO!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dja3617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I did a 20% water change and I noticed that my filter media was floating high in the filter so I pushed it down and now a bunch of brown particles are floating and covering everything in my tank what do I do???

heh it's not a big deal :) just siphon it out an you will be fine. It's also a good idea to swish the filter pad around in old tank water to clean it about once a month. Just make sure its water from the tank and nowhere else.

Sounds like it may be waste that had settled in the bottom of your filter. Next time you do WC. Pull your filter pads out and rinse then in a bucket of the water you are pulling out of the tank. Do not use tab water. Use can you water siphon to pull the the debris in the tank out.

I once got old filter pads to speed up my tank cycle ad had gotten a Betta as well. Betta tank fell spilt out completely so I took the filters squeezed out some water and Betta was in water from the 6 month old filters for 10 min and still lives today

Back
Top Bottom