open brain probs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhyl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a red open brain I got from my aunt because it looked like it was "dying" to her. Some of the meat had disappeared and more of the skeleton was noticeable. I've had the brain for approx. 8 months and it has got neither better nor worse. I've moved it around the tank for variable flow and lighting.....nothing has changed. What should I do for it?

We'll need more information from you such as water parameters, lighting, what livestock is in your tank, how long it's been set up, and what kind of brain is it (include coloration)? Most open-brain corals are Trachyphyllia, but it's better to know for sure (do a search on that Genus) :)

We esp. need to know what kind of fish are in the tank. When my dwarf angels went bad and started eating my corals they went after the fleshy corals like my open brain and hammer coral.

All water parameters are great. I think it is red lobo. I don't know if you guys noticed but I stated the brain was missing flesh when I got it and hasn't gotten better or worse in the months I've had it. My fish though are as follows. Green Mandarin , scooter blenny, coral banded shrimp strawberry basslet, red lip blenny, hermit crabs, snails and brittle star

Back
Top Bottom