Opinion on a 5G prop tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 5G tank. I was wondering if anyone has used something along the 5G size before for prop tank only. Just a hob filter or maybe skilter and some ?? lighting (Tank is 16" wide, whatever is good light and low heat). Just looking for something that can support a couple lbs of lr and some clippings from my tank. Not really looking for the challange of a nano, but rather someplace to get frags healthy enough to ship or sell back to lfs.
Your experiences needed!

Thanks!
-PC

A sepparate prop tank is a good idea. Make sure to run carbon after cutting.
The only problem is stability with a 5 gal. top up frequently or get An auto top off
Frag swaps are great

You are pretty much setting up a nano tank. You still have to keep the water quality good and stable for the frags to heal itself. You just wont have any fish in the prop tank.

I was planning on a skilter or hob filter so carbon would be the cartridges for whatever I got. As for top off my thought was if I used a small cf solution, I wouldn't be dealing with much heat and therefore less topoff. I do have an option of swapping this fw 5g for a new 10g. Maybe thats the way to go..

Thanks!
-PC

Back
Top Bottom