Opinion on Maroon Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about getting a bonded pair of Gold Flake maroon clowns. I know they can be aggressive, but wanted opinions on them. Right now in the tank are a blue dot jawfish, goby with pistol shrimp, and springeri dottyback. It's a 40 gallon.

I love them, but I've never had a pair. I know the females get pretty big though. They will def. dominate your tank. I might get another one if I find a perfect one.

I have a pair of gold maroon clowns and they pretty much keep to the elegance coral they host. The female will herd a few fish out of the way but nothing bad at all. She will move macroalgae and an occasional rock or coral that gets too close. They are definitely not my most bossy fish.

Attachments

• image-3351335735.jpg
    image-3351335735.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 122
I have a pair of gold maroon clowns and they pretty much keep to the elegance coral they host. The female will herd a few fish out of the way but nothing bad at all. She will move macroalgae and an occasional rock or coral that gets too close. They are definitely not my most bossy fish.

How big are they? My store has an odd patter gold flake pair that I've had my eyes on and they are holding for me.

They are beautiful fish for sure. I love the coloring and how it takes that deep almost blood color.

I love mine not aggressive at all
now my clarkie in my other tank that's another story
img_2477995_0_7b580150e431edec525e1da6edec2d01.jpg

I had a really nice Gold Stripe Maroon in my 125. I had him for about 9 months. He started to get really aggressive and taking bites out of the fins of other fish that had been in the tank with him from the get go. I eventually traded him, but he was a beautiful fish. I guess it depends on the fish that you get. He even bit me a couple times when I had my hands in the tank.....and it hurt a bit.

I had a really nice Gold Stripe Maroon in my 125. I had him for about 9 months. He started to get really aggressive and taking bites out of the fins of other fish that had been in the tank with him from the get go. I eventually traded him, but he was a beautifil fish. I guess it depends on the fish that you get. He even bit me a couple times when I had my hands in the tank.....and it hurt a bit.

Yeah mine will bite me when I'm pulling Kenya tree from growing around their home.

best part about my pair was they were a freebie they were retailing for $79.
I only spent $80. that day
because I'm a good customer :D

I must have spent over $5000. in the last year I know it's addicting

the guy at this shop always throws something in for the regulars

best part about my pair was they were a freebie they were retailing for $79.
I only spent $80. that day
because I'm a good customer :D

I must have spent over $5000. in the last year I know it's addicting

the guy at this shop always throws something in for the regulars

I feel lucky now lol I got mine online for $60 for the pair!

Hard to see the gold on my iPhone pics

Attachments

• image-1869669566.jpg
    image-1869669566.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-402727694.jpg
    image-402727694.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom