Opinions on HOB filter changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have seen it suggested that the filters be changed ever month but this seems like too often to me. I have heard people say to rinse them and reuse them. I am just looking for suggestions of what has worked for others.

My current tank is a 29g 30L 13w 18H(set up for a month)with 2 4" peacocks and 7 juvenile peacocks1-1/2"-2". I am picking up a new 75g tank tomorrow and am going with the Hob filter for that one as well. I will continue to use the 29g as a grow out tank. That said I would like to know what has worked for others in the past because I don't want to waste money on filters every month if it is unnecessary. Thanks for the help.

I have used HOB filters in the past
On my 30 and 26 gallon tanks. I also have a 75 gallon but use canisters on it. I like the Marineland bio wheel filters as they have worked great for me in the past. I have heard of people using filter floss in HOBs but have never tried. I have always used the store bought refills. That being said I rinse them out (with tank water) and reuse them several times before changing them out. I have never had any problems doing this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom