Opinions Please!!! --- 20 vs 29 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Everyone! Still doing my research and i'm debating between two tanks. A 29gal which measures 30 1/4"L x 12 1/2"W x 18 3/4"H and
a 20gal which measures 24 1/4"L x 12 1/2"W x 16 3/4"H

Is this much difference and what are the benefits of either one? How many more fish in the 29? Would the bigger be easier to cycle?

Not sure if its that major of a difference to be debating this much!
:thanks:

Bigger tank = more fish .... all depends on what you want to keep as to which is better.

Fishless cycling is going to be the same in either tank .... but doing a fishy cycling in bigger tank is easier, as the levels won't rise as fast.

The 29 is taller ... some fish like Angels looks better in a taller tank .... Shallower tanks are better for plants, and looks better if you are going for the panoramic look with miniature decor & small fish.

Yep, bigger tanks=more stocking options. :)
We cannot just give you a number of how many more fish you can add. It doesn't work like that. Individual fish need to be considered according to their individual size and behavior. :)
No, bigger tanks are not easier to cycle. However, bigger tanks are often easier to keep stable than smaller ones are. ;)

Thanks Everyone! I'm leaning towards the 29 gal. I don't want to get the smaller and be sorry later:)

Lol, yeah, if you read through enough threads on here you will see a definite theme of people wanting bigger tanks. :)

Personally, if you can swing it, I'd bump up to the 30gal (36" long). Shouldn't be much more, but gives you a whole lot more floor to work with.

You guys are killing me!! LOL......30 gal does sound awful nice :) That would give me different fish options (species) too....correct?

Back
Top Bottom