Oponion on aquaclear v penguin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know most people have great opinions(including me) on AC/fluval hob filters .zzz BUT I'm wondering if my bio wheel 350 is more beneficial than the AC70 due to the fact that the media need to be rinsed every week on the bio vs every month on the AC? Thoughts? I'm debating getting another bio 350 and running it w the other on my 72.

You can never have too much filtration so I would definitely get another one. I love my penguin filters. I have two emperor 400s on my 75 and two 350s on my 55 and they do the job very well

I know most people have great opinions(including me) on AC/fluval hob filters .zzz BUT I'm wondering if my bio wheel 350 is more beneficial than the AC70 due to the fact that the media need to be rinsed every week on the bio vs every month on the AC? Thoughts? I'm debating getting another bio 350 and running it w the other on my 72.

Media needs to be rinsed once a week on the AC? What kind of bio load do you have? Can't be bigger then mine. I haven't rinsed anything in over 2 weeks now. Last time I did, I took everything out and cleaned the plastic housing then rinsed the sponge on one and just replaced the sponge in the other. I run 2 AC110's on my tank. I like them because you can add all sorts of media and it really easy to add and remove. I took out the grey little holder or whatever you wanna call it and I use purigen, chemi pure elite, bio max, sponges and poly fill. There great filters. I also don't use the tops. I actually just bought another just to have incase one breaks or something.

No I haven't needed to rinse the AC at all the penguin is weekly. Seems to catch more waste. Sorry for the confusion.

Convict how do you use purigen? Do you put it in a porous bag in your 110?

Back
Top Bottom