Optimal filtration for cabister filters?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jatoigue3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone tell me what is the best way to fill a canister filter with media? And in what order would be optimal?!!

Hey there. Great question! I'm an expert in no way, but the media setup is dependent on the style of tank you are planning to filter. Do you have a general idea of what type of tank you want?

BirdDog Funk said:
Hey there. Great question! I'm an expert in no way, but the media setup is dependent on the style of tank you are planning to filter. Do you have a general idea of what type of tank you want?

Well I already got a 55 gal community set up...I have 6 buenos aires tetras, 4 bleeding heart tetras, 2 serpae tetras, 3 bristle nose catfish, 3 gold platys, 3 clown loaches, and 1 tiger Oscar...

I kno it sounds wrong but I'm hoping he does...but I don't think he will ever be able to catch em...they mess with him all the time!! Lol..he will try to sneak up on them and just when he gets close enough they bolt really fast...it's funny to watch!!!

Depends in the filter and how many stages it has. I run Eheim mechanical in the bottom, 1st stage, then Eheim bio mech, 2nd stage, then Eheim substrat pro with a floss pad on top.

Back
Top Bottom