Optimum Dwarf Hairgrass Growing Conditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leader-Of-The-Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone. In my ten gallon tank I would like for there to be a dence carpet of DHG. I have had DHG in the tank for 7 months and all I see are some runners. Then again, I have done absolutely nothing to it until now.

Today I set up a DIY Co2 generator. It is still to early to tell how many bubbles per second are going into the tank because I am still waiting for the Co2 to build up enough pressure to actually get into the tank through the extra-fine airstone.

I also have Fertilizer tabs that are placed into the gravel. Along with that I also have liquid Co2 (or whatever that stuff is) to add into the tank.

Finally I have two light bulbs but do not know the WPG because the watts are not printed on the bulb and I have thrown the box away. I dot mind because they aren't "real" aquarium lights, so if anyone can recommend any good ones for DHG I will be sure to pick it up at my LFS tomorrow.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. :D

No it looks like this except that is is transparent.

tear_type_milky_type_cool_light_energy.jpg

Most likely those bulbs won't be in the right color spectrum to grow plants... Are they the small thread size or normal? I have 2 spiral cfl bulbs in my 10g. They each are 13 watt 5000k. Although 6500k is more ideal, I haven't found any locally yet...

Thank you very much for your help.

I think I actually saw that light at my LFS. I will go out and check it out today. :)

Back
Top Bottom