Oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naomi93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just read that a oranda wen will not grow due to bad water and lack of nutrition. I do regular water changes, treatments and good filter. But I have just read that they start to develop when the fish is two/three years old. What is true???

My Oranda's are only a year and a half old.There wen are not big. Will the grow and how often.
Can it be certain oranda breeds???

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411250768.660244.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411250799.044713.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome to AA!!!

You have a nice red oranda and a red cap oranda that appear to be well fed. The red oranda is most likely a female. Both are showing signs of wen growth expected at around two years of age (give or take). Unless you bred them yourself, the fish purchased from a store are typically older than you may be led to believe.

Your are correct that healthy water conditions (o ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 10 nitrate) in conjunction with good nutrition are the keys to great wen growth. Wen goldfish are best suited to high protein diet along with lots of veggies for optimum wen growth. Fresh bloodworms are a reknowned favorite among owners/breeders of wen fancies. Just make sure you keep the protein balanced in their diet as part of good nutrition. Please ask any questions! :)

Thank you for answering my questions. Yh they love blood worm. Water is checked regularly. She is a lovely fish. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom