Orange and Black theme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-j

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I have a 29 gallon in my room, about 3in of sand with 7 tiger barbs in there with a realistic stump, I want to add a small RTBS, some more tiger barbs, and something else any suggestions or advice?

An orange and black theme? Harlequin rasboras would work pretty good in there as well, and if you could an orange and black betta, I don't know how hard they are to find that strain but I think I've seen one before, I'll have to check. Instead of getting an RTBS you could try some of the darker cory cats or khuli loaches, and for the top of the tank maybe a flame dwarf gourami. I don't know if these are the right colors you're looking for but good luck, it should be a great tank!

I don't think I would put a betta or gourami in with tiger barbs, even a decent sized group, it's too much like tempting fate. I have 10 tb's in my tank and they don't bother anything but I did have an angel fish in there when I got it and he had been proper shredded. If you do decide to go for something finny or with dangly bits you should have a back up plan just in case

I wouldn't put anything in there that couldn't cope with their aggressive tendencies, I am thinking about loaches, the clown loach would be perfect but of course they get far too big, I just don't know what to do next

Back
Top Bottom