Orange Lyretail Molly with 'crusty' scales?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've had this Molly since day 2 of my tank, she had at least one brood of fry, and since then she started to change colors, they kind of washed out. Then, within the last couple months, I've noticed that the scale on her head seems to be almost dried out and encrusted, they look more white and slightly flared out, but not to the point of 'pineapple' like flaring that you see with dropsy. Plus, she's been like this for a while. It's hard to catch on the camera, this is the best I could do

img_1039357_0_39a37b44aea6e50fc4c0ca8b7a85ca44.jpg

I'll keep trying to get a better shot. Any idea what this is??

Funeral at sea

She died today. Or rather I euthanized her in icewater. She was stuck between the glass and a bunch of plants, the 'crusty' scales continued to get worse, and her spine has been bending in a zig-zag for a month or so, colors bleeding out on her underside. I caught her by hand so she was just ready. Got her 1/2/9 so she lasted a year and dropped one batch of fry that I caught, but no more. She was the first fish in my tank to have babies, but definitely not the last!! I will miss her so. FLUSH

Back
Top Bottom