Orange rabbit snail in shell.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently received an order of two orange rabbit snails. They were both in their shells when I opened the bags. The water in the bags was quite cold but the shrimp I ordered at the same time were fine. Now 20 hours later they are still sitting in their shells at the bottom of the tank. Are they dead? Hibernating?

It can take a while for rabbits too adjust, I would think they're just settling in but if your not sure take them out and do the sniff test! Rabbit snail's really stink when they die.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I smelled one yesterday and there was a little odour but nothing serious. Still no movement from either today however there is an air bubble in one of the shells. Is that a sign of life or death?

I smelled one yesterday and there was a little odour but nothing serious. Still no movement from either today however there is an air bubble in one of the shells. Is that a sign of life or death?

There are often little air bubbles the snails use. I had one snail sitting for a few days, and one snail which seemed like a week before I saw him zooming around. I wouldn't worry yet.

Back
Top Bottom