Ordered Yasha Goby Pair with Snapping Shrimp: Another Pistol Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,

Last night I ordered a pair of Yasha Gobies with a Red Banded Snapping Shrimp from LiveAquaria. My question is.....later on down the road, would I run into any issues adding a second Snapping Shrimp?

I am very excited for them to come in Tuesday. ;)

Just curious, thanks.

Nah i have heard that you can have 2 pairs, an in your 125 im sure it would be fine :) i kinda forget the story but the lfs worker had 2 pairs in his tank and when 1 goby or shrimp died there was 1 shrimp with 2 gobys :) haha

Either that or 2 shrimp with 1 goby... Either way, very cool!

woot!~ Can't wait to see the new livestock!

I also think it would be ok to have 2 in a 6 foot tank, plenty of room for everyone. :-D

Thanks! :-D

So since I will have two Gobies and one shrimp, do you guys think that if I got an additional shrimp he would burrow with the other shrimp and two Gobies? Or, do you think the Gobies would split up?

In that case I will just have one shrimp, I would prefer them not to split up. :)

It worked for me I bought 2 gobies an one shrimp and originally the gobies separated an one had a shrimp an the other didnt so I felt bad for the lonely goby so I bought him a pistol shrimp an after they bonded they found the other pistol shrimp and goby an they all moved in together

Back
Top Bottom