Ordering Fish Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I 'd like to know what online fish store has left a good impression on you that you would recommend others to order their fish from. Why, what they do that was impressive?

Live aquaria, good customer service, live arrival, and 14 day guarantee. Oddballfish has awesome fish, very healthy. Mellow Aquatics, great for angels, good stock, healthy fish. Aquariumfish.net good customer service, healthy fish.

I mainly order through aquabid. I've had excellent luck with orders from the sellers there. Just like with anything else, you have to read the feedback.

I've also ordered from Bob's Tropical plants and another member from here. Both I give excellent feedback for.

As for why, first off, all my orders were delivered in tact. I had two times they went wrong and both sellers replaced the fish/shrimp by shipping them as soon as they received the pictures of the DOAs. Two orders out of probably 20, good odds to me.

I second oddballfisb. At first, it seemed like a scam. But the rainbows and a gbr I got from them were the best looking fish I've ever seen. Hands down

I second oddballfisb. At first, it seemed like a scam. But the rainbows and a gbr I got from them were the best looking fish I've ever seen. Hands down

That is because they breed the fish they sell, which is also why they are limited in their available selection. All 11 rams, threadfins, longfinned white cloud mountian minnows, and my albino bristlenose pleco came from them. They do have exceptionally healthy good looking fish.

Omg...I found a fs on the outskirt of my town that has all the fish I thought I was going to have to order because in=town only have the big chain fs (petco/petsmart)...whooohooo...now I really feel good that I won't be paying s/h that will go toward more fish/food/equipment...and I live about 15 minutes away from it...best news ever...

Omg...I found a fs on the outskirt of my town that has all the fish I thought I was going to have to order because in=town only have the big chain fs (petco/petsmart)...whooohooo...now I really feel good that I won't be paying s/h that will go toward more fish/food/equipment...and I live about 15 minutes away from it...best news ever...

That is good news, I'm kind of envious. As big a city as St. Louis is and we only have a couple fish stores. The two I go to sometimes are over 40 minutes away and I still have to order my fish in.

That is good news, I'm kind of envious. As big a city as St. Louis is and we only have a couple fish stores. The two I go to sometimes are over 40 minutes away and I still have to order my fish in.

Awgh rats I would think you all would have more too...I am so excited about it..I just will not get any plants there because they are known to have the "pest pond snails". I will wait on those ...

I'm looking for 3 females and 1 male for the threadfin rainbows

I order from liveaquaria pretty often because my local area is the same way. Well, there is one or two small stores, but looking at their tanks on the average day I wouldn't take what they have unless it was free.

I'm looking for 3 females and 1 male for the threadfin rainbows

There is a box when ordering from Oddballfish.com that you add your note on exactly the ratio of male/females you want. Otherwise they send out pairs. I've indicated certain ratios more than once and got what I ordered in sexes.

I use LiveAquaria and it hasn't failed me yet. I've ordered some fish, a shrimp, and TONS of plants off of there. only downside is the crazy-expensive shipping, but I am at the other side of the country from their facilities. Everything I've gotten off there is healthy. Watch out if you order plants because there'll be hitchhiker snails

Back
Top Bottom