Ordering plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But thats through a person right? Parents wont let me order through a person

But thats through a person right? Parents wont let me order through a person
Most people who sell plants are hobbyists.. and they're people. There are very few big companies who sell plants, especially when compared to the number of hobbyists. Why is it that they won't let you buy from an individual? You are more likely to get a higher quality, better priced item from a hobbyist than a big company IMO

mgamer owns Bobs Tropical Plants... he is a member here, though he hasn't been on lately. Lots of people here have been very happy with his stuff.

mfdrookie516 said:
Most people who sell plants are hobbyists.. and they're people. There are very few big companies who sell plants, especially when compared to the number of hobbyists. Why is it that they won't let you buy from an individual? You are more likely to get a higher quality, better priced item from a hobbyist than a big company IMO

Just some people arent trustworthy, and you can kindof make sure you get what you want and i dunno

jetajockey said:
Bobs Tropical Plants , one of my friends, has a decent selection usually.

Definatly will order from him!!! He have good service and quality? And what does he mean when he says that their lighting needs for dwarf hairgrass are low-very high...im pretty sure they need higher lighting

Avoid sweet aquatics. They say they have plants, but many of their plants that are listed as in stock are not, and they wont even ship what they have for two weeks.

The plants I just got from there were all between half dead and dead. Not one group if plants (I got stems ) were what I would call healthy.

Two issues with that.

Lack of selection. They generally have only basic plants. Sometimes they have more (my girlfriend found some wisteria there the other week), but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Non-aquatic plants. They have this habit of selling non-aquatic plants as aquatic plants, which leads to them melting in a few weeks-months after introducing them. Know your plants before buying them. I had my phone out googling plants to see if any were aquatic; most were not.

Anybody have experience with live aquaria? I need to order some hatchetfish

fishdud said:
I've gotten plants from ebay too. Got a plant package today for just $20, a dollar a plant.

What did u search to find this? Was it an American seller?

Atxpunx said:
What did u search to find this? Was it an American seller?

Just type live aquarium plant package. And yes he was

Back
Top Bottom