Orphek DIF-30 30 Watt lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got two Orphek DIF-30 30 Watt 120 Degree LED Pendants 1 white the other royal blue.

I'm about to get out of the marines and go back home. I got these lights because they where only $300 for both. Getting supplies still for a frag tank build.

If I put these side by side in a shallow tank would I be able to support SPS well? This is just in regards to lighting. I'm not too familiar with these but I like the idea of low power use and less heat.

I'm also a little confused about the use of a controller. Can I get a controller to monitor calcium and alk and use that same controller to activate dosing pumps ?

Just got two Orphek DIF-30 30 Watt 120 Degree LED Pendants 1 white the other royal blue.

I'm about to get out of the marines and go back home. I got these lights because they where only $300 for both. Getting supplies still for a frag tank build.

If I put these side by side in a shallow tank would I be able to support SPS well? This is just in regards to lighting. I'm not too familiar with these but I like the idea of low power use and less heat.

Size and depth of tank?

I'm also a little confused about the use of a controller. Can I get a controller to monitor calcium and alk and use that same controller to activate dosing pumps ?

Most controllers don't sense calcium or alkalinity. Those are done with chemical tests and dosing is varied based on those results.

13x24" tank, so just around a foot of water. This is just a small frag tank, the tank will be upgraded later to a 100gal after I get more frags. This tank will use a very large sump before anyone burns me. This isn't my first rodeo with aquariums but it is with LED lighting and the intent to grow SPS frags.

13x24" tank, so just around a foot of water. This is just a small frag tank, the tank will be upgraded later to a 100gal after I get more frags. This tank will use a very large sump before anyone burns me. This isn't my first rodeo with aquariums but it is with LED lighting and the intent to grow SPS frags.

That's a total of 60 watts of light and a pretty shallow tank, so sure, you should be able to grow most easy corals, even some SPS after the tank matures a bit.

It says on Marine Depot's site that the 30's replace a 150 watt halide. If so, I wouldn't hold my breath on the SPS success.

Oh no! I have to get another one now ? I was hoping that the 300w equivalent would have been enough for now since the tank is so small. No worries, I can pick up another one, maybe a kessil 10k, I'm not sure how well the spread would be to utilize the spectrum of all three lights on a larger tank later on.

Thank you for your free back, I really appreciate it. I would have hated to loose investment due to not having the proper equipment from the start.

Back
Top Bottom