Oscar keeps opening his mouth .-reposted-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Oscar keeps moving his mouth, like he is taking large bites out of something . But there is nothing there. So he is just like chopping on air.. well I guess chopping on water. Is this anything to worry about. He has had some stress. I had to issue with his tank so I had to place him in a smaller tank until I get get that issue fixed.

I posted this is the wrong section the first time I tried.

I know I answered in the other thread but just wanted to add if you have him in a 40B or smaller and he is full grown you are going to need to do daily or at least every 48 hour water changes to keep things in check.

Thanks, My filter get in on Tuesday. I Guess I can do a big Change to his tank on Monday and by Tuesday everything would be ok. Or would it be better to put in back in ithe big tank (150) with out a filter ?

Either way I guess. More important I would just test the water twice a day and if it shows any ammonia or nitrite or if nitrate gets above 20 then do a water change. Also if you are getting a new filter make sure to keep your old media wet in tank water so you can use it in the new filter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom