Oscar keeps opening his mouth .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Oscar keeps moving his mouth, like he is taking large bites out of something . But there is nothing there. So he is just like chopping on air.. well I guess chopping on water. Is this anything to worry about. He has had some stress. I had to issue with his tank so I had to place him in a smaller tank until I get get that issue fixed.

Possibly just typical Oscar shenanigans? Could also be something irritating his mouth causing him to do that. Try putting this in the cichlid section, more of our cichlid guys are more likely to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How often is it happening? I catch my fish "yawning" quite often. Does it seem like a slow, relaxed typed thing or more like he's actually biting

Jesse

How small of a tank did you move him to? My hybrid does this every now and then. It could just be a little stressed or if the tank is way to small the ammonia and nitrites are going to build up fast which might be irritating him.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom