Oscar question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl80

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My Oscar juvies are doing great. They have both learned when it's feeding time, it's cute. The Tiger looks at me when I sit infront of tank... He follows my finger. SO MY question is... What heater is best for oscars not to break as adults? My albino likes to nibble at the red light on the ones I have in there now, so I'll change them out before they get bigger.

I never really had a problem with oscar fish and heaters. I had two oscars one albino and one tiger oscar. I just made sure the heater was placed so that if it was bumbed it wouldn't hit the tank. From time to time they would chase each other around the tank but i never saw them hit the heater.

I have 2 cheap heaters in there I hate anyway.... An excuse to get new.... Tho I do like to be prepared and not take unnecessary chances. Trying to make it safe for them.

Check out the Fluvals. They are covered in plastic which is supposed to be safer, and unbreakable. It's not uncommon for an O to break a heater. Not to make you worried but this would be very bad and would probably kill the fish. There is also one called "The Titanium-Tube" or something like that... Supposed to be unbreakable.

Thx.... I had the marine land ones before, titanium but were recalled. I'd rather get them sooner than later... I prob only need one.... But our house is old n drafty so I have 2 * 300 w on there.

I hope so.... I'm enjoying my new adventures with them. Tho in a 90 and only about 2 inches.... They look lost. They will go from there to a 140. I'm also just started a planted shrimp tank that's fun too :) but always have time for my 2 tanks of mbuna buddies ...

I have 2 cheap heaters in there I hate anyway.... An excuse to get new.... Tho I do like to be prepared and not take unnecessary chances. Trying to make it safe for them.

I would be less concerned with breaking one an more concerned with functionality and reliability which is why I use nothing but Eheim Jagers.

Back
Top Bottom