Oscar... What color is he???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sayan said:
1st of all oscar with goldfish isn't a very good idea. In other way I'll say they r not compatiable. I feed my buddies twice a day.coz at juvenile stage oscar grow very fast and need foods frequently but at the adult age or wen full grown u can reduce the frequency of feeding. But yes do not overfeed.do a water change 50% weekly and give some quality food like hikari cichlid bio gold plus or newlife spectrum cichlid formula.follow this. Ur buddy will surely be happy I can promise u.

Right now the gold fish is bigger than the Oscar and helps to keep the tank clean from the oscars poor table manners. The goldfish will be going into a pond at my friends house as soon as I get a chance. I got my 50 gallon tank moved today since I did a 100% water change and I also brought home a new 55 gallon. I should be able to move the Oscar and the goldfish this week into the 50 gallon. I want to pick up another Oscar, but I want to find something interesting like the one I have. All I see in my area are reds, tigers and "lutinos" they label albino. I would love a breeding pair.

I have my aquaculture license inspection coming soon and need ideas for breeders that I can sell the fry from. Any ideas?

Yes minimum of 125g tank with super filtration system innstalled

sayan said:
Yes minimum of 125g tank with super filtration system innstalled

A bigger tank for the breeders won't be a problem. I have a few larger tanks that can be used with large bio filters. I am thinking about some greenhouse ponds as well that I think they will enjoy. Have you ever seen oscars in a pond? I sold the horses and have some acreage to play with.

Though pond is a much bigger place to homing them but I have never seen oscars in pond or never heared anything on the topic. But u can google the fact. Hope u'll get ans

I have seen them in a indoor pond at a LFS in houston, the oscars were huge, they had a bunch in there with other large cichlids.

I'll look into pond keeping them some more on the Internet. It would be nice to see them swim happy in a large environment. I also want to build an above ground pond with viewing windows... More research on that too...

Back
Top Bottom