Oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfishguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm semi new to the aquarium hobby so take it easy on me :p lol. I have a question, I have an established aquarium and really wanted an Oscar to add to it but not sure if he wouldn't be a good fit. I have a rainbow shark 4 in so far, high fin shark also 4 inches, a common pleco 3 inches so far, a spotted catfish he is going on about 5 inches. All fish have a pretty large max size and I mostly read that if it's larger fish he would be ok. So any input would be helpful :) it will prolly be another 2 months before I get him if it sounded good lol. Thx for any advice :)

55 gallon now but will be getting a much larger once I get in my new place.

So I'll be able to handle his size no problem, just making sure he wouldn't harass my other fish mostly lol

55 gallon now but will be getting a much larger once I get in my new place.

Oscars have one of the highest growth rates of any fish right around 1" per month till they reach the 9" range, a 55g is the bare bones absolute minimum for one Oscar with nothing else especially with the other fish you listed.

Yea I looked into that I'll prolly have my new tank before I even get him I'm not getting any new fish for a few months more just curious for future reference

Back
Top Bottom