osmocote or osmocote plus ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read it can be used as a root tab alternative but does it have to be osmocote plus or can it any kind of osmocote? Is it inverts safe? Thank in advance.

I was given + by a fellow planted tank/shrimp person. He assured me the Copper is minuscule and as long as you bury it 1" or more it should be safe. So far my 100+ RCS are breeding like mad and my CRS are ok.

I only found osmocote for fruits and veggies. It doesn't say anything about micros but it'll have to do until I can find the plus kind because my swords are looking scraggly.

Is there an alternative to osmocote? Can I use another brand name or is osmocote the only safe variety. I ask because all they have at my hardware store is miracle gro brands and the osmocote they do have isn't osmocote plus and has no micro nutrients.

The home depot and walmart in Lagrange only has osmocote fruit and veggies and normal osmocotes.

I guess what I'm asking is if I could use a different slow release fertilizer that actually has micro nutrients and available at one of my stores.

Back
Top Bottom