Oto Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Three is a good minimum group size for otos, but like with all schooling fish the more you have, the more actuve they'll be.

They definitely become more active in larger groups. I have 18 and they often time spend alot of time together, usually during resting, but sometimes they all just start zipping around all over the tank together.

Hmm. Maybe I'll get more then. These are for a twenty gallon tank. How many do you think I can have in there? Right now I have a betta and seven harlequin rasboras. The original plan was some neon tetras and three otos. If I take out the tetras how many?

I think you could do 6 but be sure to suppliment feed them at night a couple times a week. I use algae tablets and usually soften Zucchini clipped to the side of the tank with veggie clips. I also only clean the front of my glass with the algae magnet every couple of weeks since the Oto's also like the bio-film that forms on it.

Back
Top Bottom