Out of town....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mekachu04

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm gonna end up being away from home for about two weeks, and I'm trying to make a list now of what the pet sitter needs to do.

My big concern is water changes.
I have a 29g tank, and do 10% wc every three days (leaves just a little water in the bottom of my fry box/net thing, so i don't have to move it around, and try to prevent escapes)
Besides 20ish guppy fry and the two parents, i have 15danios (long fin and assorted glo), 5 kuhli loaches, 5or so ghost shrimp and one poor lone oto (his buddies didn't make it)

Because I'm transferring to a better filter, i do have two running right now (one is a fuval c4, the other is something from aqueon) they will both be running while im gone.

I don't trust my sitter on water changes (last year it was just our cats, and sitter didn't change the boxes; it was so bad the cats used our bathtub to crap in)

What can i do to make sure my fish are okay while I'm gone? Would a massive wc before i leave, And another when i return be enough? Besides food and wc, am i forgetting anything?

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It could be touch and go with the fry but you might get away with just a very large water change just before you go and again as soon as you get back. Give the filters a cleaning, in tank water and you should be ok. Get the sitter to only feed the main stock every other day. How old/big are the fry??

They will be three weeks old when i leave

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom