Overfeeding 1, but not the other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

griffinej5

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 veil tail goldfish that I got last Friday. It looks like 1, the smaller 1, is getting too much to eat and it looked a little bloated, but this doesn't seem to be the case with the larger 1. I was feeding them flakes twice a day, what they could eat in 1 minute. The smaller fish, Goldeen, had some trailing feces today and yesterday, and also looked like it was bloated to me. So, last night I fed them peas instead of their food. Today I gave them a half a green bean and a tiny bit of raspberry. Goldeen was still chasing down a bit of green bean I missed removing hours later. Magikarp,the other fish, had stopped long ago. So,a few questions I guess. Is something else better as the base of the diet than floating flakes? Maybe something in combo with it? Is tetra ok? Am I doing something horribly wrong?
They'll be getting separated to eat most of the time starting in a few weeks. I'm going to start training them, so I'll need to make sure the one who is working gets the food. I suppose I will then have better control over who eats what.

Back
Top Bottom