Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labpig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I have a 70L tank tropical tank. It has finished cycling and I have gradually added stock. Water tests are consistently 0-0-10 before water changes. I do a 10L water change when the nitrate gets to 10, which is every 7-10 days

I have 1 betta, 2 coral plattys, 2 male guppies, 2 tiger barbs and 5 neons

The water tests are fine, the fish seem happy but I just want to check if I am overstocked?

Thanks

I'd be wary of the barbs, they are fiesty and are generally ok in large numbers (you'll see them chase and fight) but when there are not enough they can chase other fish also.

Looking at your water results they're ok, i wouldn't personally say it's over stocked.

Hey, that's good news !

So you think I should get 2 or 3 more barbs ?

Assuming the water results remain good and your only getting 10ppm No3 a week i don't see why not.

Try to get into the routine of doing a water change and gravel vac every week also.

So I should do a pwc every week, even if no3 is about 5?

Thanks for all your input by the way. I'm only started this caper just over 2 months and I appreciate all the help you more experienced guys give

Tiger barbs should be kept in at least a 30 gallon tank, 20 long or 29 would be cutting it close. It would be best to give them away and then keep your current stock.

What gender are the guppies?

Edit: Never mind about the guppies' gender, I didn't read that right.

;)

Back
Top Bottom