Overstocking advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not believe it to be water issues because the only thing that ever dies in my tank is my cories. Also I haven't had a death in cories for a very long time, though, so I think I'm getting better at feeding them. Despite the fact that the schools are incomplete, the fish still seem very happy. They are all very active and do not just swim with their own species. Never have I had an issue with them. Of course I understand that they'd be even happier with complete schools.
There really isn't a place where my swordtails can't get to in the tank.
Its good that the fish seem to be doing ok. Just keep in mind that just because that corys tend to be sensitive to water quality issues, so nitrate rises can kill them. Also, IMO, fish are happy when they are given space, clean water, and proper tankmates. For schooling fish, that means a school of their own kind. Its good that they are still alive and active though.

I know. I always do water changes and take great care of my water quality, plus my plants help it as well. They have all of that, just not as many of their same species. The fish are happy being with the other tetras as well. I plan to increase their schools once some others pass after a while but there's nothing I can do now. I'm not willing to get rid of any of my fish.

you can over compensate in your tank to overstock. Dont add anyfthing to neutralize your parameters itll regress and restart the cycle, you need those chemicals to keep the tank straight. Dude the fish will not get stressed if they dont have more of their own kind as long as there are other fish in there. I have one ghost cat fish when they say you need 5 to 7 together. Hes fine swims energetically eats up the food and is very healthy. You can mix other tetras with tetras and such. Most rules of aquarium keeping people follow are off cheesy info sites that only give you direction to gaurantee success without confusion or error for the beginner. Hence why people always have a problem to say with your path choice in the hobby. Just over compensate for what ever you need to.

I don't ever. The only chemicals I ever add are decholorinator when I do water changes. And yes, thank you. My fish are very happy and healthy. Thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom