Paintball regulator advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks, I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and put a paintball CO2 set-up in my sons little 10 gallon. Tried low tech, just not working for me . My question is about this Ista regulator. I've have the Aquatek regulator on my tank for about three years now. I've not been totally happy with it. I have to take it apart a couple of times a year to hit the solenoid with a little WD40 or it doesn't open and close consistently, but worse, the needle valve was garbage and died less than a year after I bought it. When I contacted them about a replacement, all I got was a one sentence e-mail saying ' we're sorry we don't sell replacement needle valves'. After a little google work, I found out apparently there customer service SUCKS big time, and I'll add my name to that list. However, once I bought a better valve, the regulator has actually worked quite well. Does anyone have any experience with this Ista brand ? They are around the same price, but to be honest, Aquatek was not very cool at all and I'd rather not spend any more money with that company if I don't have to. Of course if this Ista is junk I will because again, the regulator works well, just not a fan of the company.

Thanks for any input !!

ISTA Co2 Pressure Regulator Magnetic Valve Bubble Counter - Adjustable Solenoid | eBay

Someone else was asking about these the other week I think and apparently there is a lot of bad reviews for them on the Internet. Best to go with a mid range one. I personally don't know much about them as I can have paintball tanks in Aus. I've seen a lot of people using the aquateks and they say they are pretty good.

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Stay away from ista, i had several of them and they either leaked the c02 all at once or towards the (end end of tank dump). Theyre not fully adjustable as mentioned. Plus the bigger set up is around $200 and hard to get it refilled.
I ended up buying a 5lb co2 tank and a gla regulator (i also uograded my aquarium too). I would google paintball regulator for aquarium and go from there. Stay away from the diy regulators, they either end up leaking the co2 and freezing the bottle or exploding off full force. Hope that helps.

Thanks folks !! Pretty much confirmed my suspicion. Guess I'll just have to stick with another Aquatek. Stinks spending money with a company that doesn't have any customer service. Buying a pig in a bag !

Thanks folks !! Pretty much confirmed my suspicion. Guess I'll just have to stick with another Aquatek. Stinks spending money with a company that doesn't have any customer service. Buying a pig in a bag !

I use an azoo reg at the moment and I haven't had any trouble apart from the working pressure isn't adjustable. I'm pretty sure they do a paintball reg. They had the best reviews for the best price ;)

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Green Leaf Aquarium makes CO2 regulators, and the company is highly regarded, albeit their products are pricey. Here's their paintball regulator. It's out of stock, but they told me the other day they'll be listing a new model next week.

Back
Top Bottom