Pairing maroon clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terryc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Having some trouble pairing my maroon clown. Iv got one that's 3' and got a smaller one that's 1' everything started going well, she chased him at first the he started shacking and didn't fight back and she seemed to accept him. She won't let him near her gbta and keep chasing him until he is away from it. Is this normal and will she allow him in at some point?

I believe the maroon clown fish is one of the more aggressive species.

bettaowner said:
I believe the maroon clown fish is one of the more aggressive species.

Yes!! Maroon and tomato are the most aggressive clowns. I have never tried to pair them. Hope it works out for you!! :)

This is my second attempt, the first attempt didn't go to we'll, but I thought I'd try again and it seems to be going ok. Just a bit of bullying every known and again. I'm hopeing this will pass over time.

Yeah they are kept separate at most fish stores that iv been to. Been told that they are the most aggressive and hardest clowns to pair. She still won't let him near the nem but is starting to swim around now with him so I think they are finally starting to pair.

Woke up this morning and my maroons have finally paired up. She now Letting him in the anemone without attacking him.

Back
Top Bottom