Palythoa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firewrangler81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a small frag of palythoa and would like to remove it from the square I got it on and place it on some rock, any suggestions on how to do this or if I can even? I'm new to reefing and this is my first frag

I have a small frag of palythoa and would like to remove it from the square I got it on and place it on some rock, any suggestions on how to do this or if I can even? I'm new to reefing and this is my first frag

I wouldn't do that, it will grow onto the rock eventually and trying to take it off can be a serious pain. They also release a toxin that can be quite serious if ingested. Just leave it all my zoas and Palys grow onto my rock from their plug.

Not the coral itself just the square it's sitting on is ugly, and my wave maker blows it around some if I'm not careful

Take a pair bone cutters and break pieces off of the square until you get down to a smaller piece of the tile without harming any of the corals flesh. Then glue that piece on to a rock. Frag plugs and tiles are really easy to chip and break. Thats what I do

Back
Top Bottom