Panacur C treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonster11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have heard of using Panacur C and liquid goat dewormer to treat worms in the tank and I’m about to try one. I’m loaded with detritus worms. I can’t stand seeing them and it grosses me out. I’m thinking of doing this, but have lots of mystery snails, fish, a bunch of catfish, and dwarf frogs. I’m obviously hoping to not kill them, but really want to rid my three tanks. I feel like if I move the snails I won’t completely rid the tanks because there may be some on the snails and then I’d be just putting them back in the tank. Any thoughts, suggestions, or success stories. starving the tank just isn’t working fast enough.

Thanks!!

Welcome Bonster11, I have a thread about the liquid Goat de-wormer with Fenbendozole, did you already see it here?

I can dig it up if not. With the dosage in the thread I haven't had any issues.

Thanks for replying!

I don’t think I saw your other post about it. I did see someone’s on the panacur. Can you send me what you used and the instructions that have worked for you. Thanks I’m advance! I did purchased the Panacur and dosed the 20 gallon tank for two days but I can’t say I see a big difference with it yet. I haven’t done my 40 gallon yet. I have snails, frogs, and baby balloon mollies in that one so I want to be sure it works.

Thanks again,
Bonnie

It works with shrimp, and they are delicate. Never used with frogs, could maybe take them out to a separate location / tank while treating.

It is a light dose to be shrimp safe. But you could dose the 2nd time and probably a 3rd, if you still saw them moving. You would just need to multiply the amount for the size of tank you are treating.

All the details are included. You can ask any questions, and I can help if I have any additional details to add.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/planaria-and-hydra-liquid-treatment-243568.html

Awesome!! Thanks so much!! My 5 gallon and 20 gallon seems good (no deaths) so far with the 1gram powder packet that I diluted in water. But, today is day 3 I can’t say I’ve noticed much difference. I may need to get the goat one that I don’t need to dilute. I really appreciate you forwarding your instructions to me . I’m definitely an over feeder and am working on getting better!

I just cleaned my 40 gallon and have some form of leech in it! ���� I’m guessing I’m going to have to treat that tank sooner rather than later!

Back
Top Bottom