Paradise Fish Acting Wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

Raptor1967

Ok I have two paradise fish one male one female in my tropical tank. The female has been acting weird for a while now. At first I thought the male had been harassing her so she was acting timid but now i am not so sure. She appears to be bloated and she is lying on the bottom of the tank. She is not upside down and does not appear to be having any trouble swimming. She is also eating when i feed but after she just drops to the bottom and sits there after she is done eating.. Her belly appears to be swollen but i don't see anything else to indicate a problem. I should note the male now appears to be very protective of her as he sits by her and chases the other fish off. Everyone else in the tank is fine. I should also note that she seems to want to lean against something when she is on the bottom ie a rock the glass ect. I am really worried for her. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance
:(

If it's constipation, try peas. Blanch the peas a little, then peel the outer skin off, and squish the pea and feed it to the fish.

Alas I did as instructed but I found her wedged under a rock dead this morn. I am really gonna miss her as she was one of the more interesting personalities in my tank and I have had her for some time.

RIP little one

:( :( :(

I'm sorry about your little paradise fish. I lost my girl not too awfully long ago.

Question: Did you just start adding any fertilizer for your plants? Mine got sick and died just a couple days after I started adding ferts (correct dosage, I'm sure). I'm wondering about a connection.

L

Back
Top Bottom