Parasite condition worsening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbyn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been trying to get rid of worms in my tank for a long time. I treated my tank with lifeguard a couple weeks ago however the fish that I have been concerned about (red wag Platy) hasn't been showing any improvement. For the past couple weeks he has been acting normally but there are open sores on his body. However within the last few hours I have seen him lying on the bottom of the tank every few minutes. The ulcers that I noticed before are also worsening. What can I do to save him?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Your Platy

I have been trying to get rid of worms in my tank for a long time. I treated my tank with lifeguard a couple weeks ago however the fish that I have been concerned about (red wag Platy) hasn't been showing any improvement. For the past couple weeks he has been acting normally but there are open sores on his body. However within the last few hours I have seen him lying on the bottom of the tank every few minutes. The ulcers that I noticed before are also worsening. What can I do to save him?

Hello ab...

Chemicals put into the water aren't a good solution. They can kill the good bacteria in the tank. Keep the water pure with 50 percent water changes every couple of days if you can, until you see improvement. Do a good job of vacuuming the bottom material, but keep a little distance from any plants you have there. Livebearing fish do well with some standard aquarium salt added to the new tank water. I dose up to two teaspoons for every 5 gallons of new, treated tap water. Keep the food to a minimum. Sick fish aren't likely to eat much and you don't want leftover food messing up the tank water.

This should help.

B

Okay thank you I will try that

Back
Top Bottom