Parasite? Maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VulpuixScyther

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!

There's a small black lump underneath one of my rosy minnows scales. It's almost as if a small piece of sand was lodged underneath. I haven't really seen any weird behavior. It eats and swims normally, and it's a pretty vibrant orangey pink color. Could it be a snail, maybe? I don't know. All of the others seem to be doing all right as well. I know Rosy Minnows are more of feeder fish and so they're very susceptible disease. I don't know what to do though. I don't want it to affect all of the others too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello :)

A picture will help a ton in. Trying to uncover your mystery.

Whoever told you feeder fish are weaker and prone to disease are wrong! People have raised *feeder* goldfish to health and they had full happy lives like any other fish. The term "feeder" means nothing.

Caleb

I don't think they meant feeders are more genetically inclined to diseases. Feeders are often kept in worse conditions than most other fish though and therefore are more prone to having diseases and parasites.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't think they meant feeders are more genetically inclined to diseases. Feeders are often kept in worse conditions than most other fish though and therefore are more prone to having diseases and parasites.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

True but it's not hard to raise them back to health.

Caleb

I'll try and snap a photo but he won't even stay still long enough for me to get a good look at him!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430567886.512557.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430567910.963208.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430567924.563092.jpg

The first is from the front where you can see how big the lump is.

The second is a black and white to get a better picture of the black dot

And the third is the colored version

I'll keep an eye on him. I sure hope it's not a tumor. :(

Back
Top Bottom