Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was sold to me as a Stawberry Shortcake ( A. microclados) but after a little help from some SPS experts I believe it to be a Tricolor Valida (A. valida). Top-down shot.
hIAkW1Z.jpg

I love validas, and you got yourself a real beauty right there! From what I hear they can be rather challenging but yours obviously looks pretty happy!

What lights are you running again, radions? And what camera are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This was sold to me as a Stawberry Shortcake ( A. microclados) but after a little help from some SPS experts I believe it to be a Tricolor Valida (A. valida). Top-down shot.
hIAkW1Z.jpg

I love validas, and you got yourself a real beauty right there! From what I hear they can be rather challenging but yours obviously looks pretty happy!

What lights are you running again, radions? And what camera are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! It is one of my favorite pieces. I have a Chinese 120w LED panel, far from a radion, but has not failed me. I use a cheap cannon elph camera. I forget the actual number/name of it but I think it was around $80 or so back when I got it.

So I've been thinking of fragging this frogspawn. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but its getting huge for my tank! I'm also thinking of moving what I keep from it lower in the tank neat the torch and making a higher rock area in its place for a few more SPS's. Does frogspawn still sell pretty high like it used to? She is heathy and bright! Here are some recent photos. You can't miss it in the FTS.

ErI3zgY.jpg

TeCyV88.jpg

I can't get over how amazing this tank looks. Doing a great job Paul. That dottyback is gorgeous!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Does frogspawn still sell pretty high like it used to? She is heathy and bright! Here are some recent photos. You can't miss it in the FTS.

ErI3zgY.jpg

Up here in the NE Ohio I'm seeing frogspawns going for close to $20 a head.. And those are average looking- nothing compared to what you have going

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

do show
best pricing on torch depends on how many heads its got ,
but avg single head around 20/30 bucks is what I've been seeing

Up here in the NE Ohio I'm seeing frogspawns going for close to $20 a head.. And those are average looking- nothing compared to what you have going

do show
best pricing on torch depends on how many heads its got ,
but avg single head around 20/30 bucks is what I've been seeing

Wow! I have never shopped for one...that's crazy! How many heads does that have? Yours is really gorgeous though and worth $$$! (y) Corals are just crazy expensive sometimes!

That frogspawn you have is amazing! Dont cut it up lol! Ya in NE ohio i see frogspawn going for $20-$25 a head.

I'll share the newbies later when I get home. My frogspawn has alot of heads on it and it is very healthy. I started it from a single head. :)

In my area frogspawn is the cheapest of the Euphylias at $25 2-3 heads. Torches come in at $35 a head, and it goes up from there.
That's about right where I'm at. Torches are higher. But color plays the biggest role in price of any of the Euphylias of course.

Got some more really cool additions today... :)
So here are my new additions! I got a really healthy frag of a green tip Scripps Acro, a small 4 head polyp of some pretty awesome zoas (still not sure on the name), and last but not least I got my another Red Linkia now that my Harlequin is long gone. My last one lived for over a year or so until my galaxea coral killed it (the galaxea is gone!). I still cant get a good shot on the zoas, but I have a photo of the mother conlony. Here's some pics. :D

Scripps Acro
CLkRb5O.jpg

cevWY85.jpg

QQ7SX11.jpg

Red Linkia
OFUDsYE.jpg

Mother zoa colony of what I got
vkQRbPW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom