Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't think I'll go back and do sps I lost lots of $$$ the first time around ,
I just don't have a green thumb for sps :(

This tank is my inspiration haha with those hammer and frogspawn, by far my favorite corals and that frogspawn is amazing, I just switched my hammer over to a new tank and I'm hoping he takes off like that frogspawn

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This tank is my inspiration haha with those hammer and frogspawn, by far my favorite corals and that frogspawn is amazing, I just switched my hammer over to a new tank and I'm hoping he takes off like that frogspawn

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! Once they start growing they take off! :)

do you think it would be best to put mine on the sand bed? i was just doing a more research on them and it says bottom of the tank, right now mine is about high middle

do you think it would be best to put mine on the sand bed? i was just doing a more research on them and it says bottom of the tank, right now mine is about high middle

Mine has been from low to mid to high. It seemed to do fine everywhere I put it. The only thing mine didn't like was really strong flow, buy it was not a picky coral in the least. Just keep an eye on it. Depending on what lighting it was in and what you have you may want to start it low in the tank.

I keep hammers about 1/2 way up never had any issues low to med flow
they do well

so Paul , aren't those zoos i got killer you kind of through that fever at me :D
and ten bucks a 10 polyp frag can't be beat , the shipping is what killed me

so Paul , aren't those zoos i got killer you kind of through that fever at me :D
and ten bucks a 10 polyp frag can't be beat , the shipping is what killed me

Yes, you got a good deal! Its all combined shipping though right? Shipping is always high on coral. Thats the only reason I have never ordered anything. But if you are getting alot at once, and at a good price like you did, then I imagine its worth it.

I usually buy my corals elsewhere that has free overnight shipping as long as you meet the $200. mark on the order
this time shipping was on me a little steep but I bit my tongue , I haven't ordered from this place in over 3 years , will have to see if quality improved ,

I usually buy my corals elsewhere that has free overnight shipping as long as you meet the $200. mark on the order
this time shipping was on me a little steep but I bit my tongue , I haven't ordered from this place in over 3 years , will have to see if quality improved ,
Well I hope you get some good healthy stuff!

Paul, your tank always makes me jealous! You ever going to get a larger system? Id love to see what youd do with something bigger, like a 125+.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Paul, your tank always makes me jealous! You ever going to get a larger system? Id love to see what youd do with something bigger, like a 125+.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Financially I can't pull a bigger tank off at the moment. I would love to eventually have a large system down the road one day though!

Wow amazing tank!
Thank you!

Wanted to show you this Paul... How's that for torch extension?

Wow! Mine never extended a sweeper that long. Looks like he's hot and ready to pop something! I did have a good size galaxea that had potent sweepers galore! It would take out anything in its way. Here's is a photo of it while they are just out a tiny bit.

OV8I205.jpg

The red linkia appears to be doing good though once he got to the surface of the water on the glass he's just been sitting there. Here is a photo of him on his way up the glass. Such a pretty little starfish though. You can kinda see the Orchid in the background swimming out of his cave.

14nMbL2.jpg

I am just catching up on your thread and saw this guy, what a cool addition, I love his color. Great photo! I can, indeed, see the Orchid swimming behind the star, how cool!

Great new avatar by the way! (y)

Took some shots of the fish earlier. The Orchid Dottyback actually let me get a couple decent ones. Also got a full shot of my tank/stand/sump as well. :)

My System
mewb7Wd.jpg

Scull in the fuge
DTqiepd.jpg

Orchid Dottyback
stuTAw3.jpg

DcB83FI.jpg

Clowns & Trachy
W7CEIFX.jpg

Ruby Red
YxaIscT.jpg

Rainfordi & Blasto
RXV8FK8.jpg

I love the fishes, you have a great mix! :)

I am just catching up on your thread and saw this guy, what a cool addition, I love his color. Great photo! I can, indeed, see the Orchid swimming behind the star, how cool!

Great new avatar by the way! (y)

Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom