PC lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think I know what I want in some new lights for my tank, 36inch 2x96 PC lighting, with fans, leg stands, need a cover to protect bulbs from water and would prefer moonlights. Is there any brand that I should stay away from? I want to try and keep it around $200. I was thinking the Satelite brand. The corallife brand says to use their light over a glass canopy. I have eggcrate covering my tank instead of a glass canopy, and it is really messing up my regular lights, should I change back to glass when I get the PC lights? This is a christmas present to myself :)

I run my aqualight over open water. Thats just coralife protecting itself from liability.

Same here, I run my coralife over open water and the intensity is excellent on my 33 gal. Also the 2x96W which is PLENTY of light!! You may have to clean the glass under the light now and then if you have any bubbles (salt deposits) or very brave snails like I have leaving trails on the light (I presume at night since it would be way to hot when its on...)!!

i have the satellite. while the lighting itself is excellent, i wouldn't recommend it. the fan is really noisy. in fact, that is the noisiest thing in my system. its a bit annoying! i have heard that the coralife is much quieter.

btw, i run my lights over plexiglass and it is still very bright.

I run my Coralife fixute with the legs on, over open water. Much better light penetration that way and my corals love me for it.

I sell both Current USA and coralife. I would stick with coralife. I have less reported problems with coralife. Plus Current USA does not even have a phone number to call if you have problems!! Coralife will take care of any problems ASAP. Just some useful info that may help you decide.

Get the new Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2 blue led's). You can also get the legs for it and run it over an open top. Captivereefs sells them and offers AA members a 6% discount :D

Coralife is definitely a good brand. I run the retro 4x65w plus 2 MH 250w about 12 inches above the water. Like Darin said, they have to protect themselves from liability.

Nice Christmas present!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom