Peacock Cichlid Breeding tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
It's been awhile since I posted abut the disappearance of my juvenile peacocks. That was the last of my male that died via power outage. That incident made me want to setup up a tank for the peacocks only. Here's my idea-
20gallon long
Hob filter or submersible?
River rock
Aragonite sand
Simple, I like cichlids :). So the 4 peacocks that will go in.....lets put it this way. They are four different species. I would call it a lottery game, seeing that I will get a lot of hybrids. They've mated before in the community tank, but low and behold all the other cichlids never let the babies grow up. The situation is complicated, because I had two pairs and individuals from each pair died. To put it shortly, I have two sunshine peacock females, one maleri island female, and one jacobfreibergi eureka male. The male was a Christmas present and screwed up the whole trying to breed sunshine peacocks. Any ideas, should I try these. Or get a pure strain going?

I'd pick one and ditch the rest. You'll also need to get females for whatever you decide to keep. Your only option to keep them is to strip them. My sunshine peacock will eat any fry and not think twice about it. Once you strip them you'll.need to keep them in another tank to be sold or till they get grown to the size of the adults for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom