Peacock Eel died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Another of my favourite fish died..

My Peacock Eel, One of the reasons why I was looking into getting a very large tank :(

I swear am I cursed about pets or something? Every thing I seem to keep ends up dying...

[EDIT]

I was going to attach a picture of him, but I get this strange message

" Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 1 MB "

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 3Corsameal has posted quite a bit about various troubles, but I am nonetheless sorry about the losses. Nothing more frustrating, and indeed I have been there! However, if something can be learned by the experience it has some tiny redeeming value.

William, so you have some clues about the loss of the eel?

No idea. I believe it may have possibily been starvation.

i don't know what was wrong with him, However no matter what I tried and no matter how long I watched [ with lights both on and off ] I could never see him eat. He would never touch anything, Shrimp Pellets, Ghost Shrimp, Blood Worms, Brine Shrimp, nothing.

Altho its hard to imagine starvation since he was very active and did not show any signs of weakness.

Of course he wasn't near as..well, fat as others of his species that I've seen. For being 9 inches long, he was half the girth of Eels 5inchs long.

Aw William; you poor baby.

Good observation tho, I'll bet you're onto something with the starvation possibility.

But if it was starvation he would have been very week, and he was not weak at all.

Every night he would be up swimming laps around the tank like a marathon runner.

I don't know, I really like the eel.. and it was the primary reason [ even tho I do have Bala's that need it as well ] i was wanting to get a large tank, so I could see him grow to full length and be the centerpiece of the tank.

Well, you can get the bigger tank for the balas and get another eel, I suppose. I recently lost some of my favorite fish that I carefully raised from babies, so the entire dynamic of my tank changed and now I don't know what to do with it! All my plans need to be reworked, so I am just going to sit on things for now and not make any decisions.

I know, It hasn't stopped me from looking.

It just kind of makes you step back and just shrug for a second.

holy $!&^ dude, im sorry to hear that. that really bums me out and its not
even my eel. any plan to get another? maybe somethings up in your tank
1st hammer now the eel... sorry man

I have 2 male [ one disabled male with a half inch claw that I'm babying back to health ] and one, larger healthy male, and 4 females.

Back
Top Bottom