Peacock Eel Owners!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
I own a peacock eel named Nu-Nu haha. He is roughly 6" and totally awesome. After researching alot, i found that they can be very shy and skittish, and not very sociable. I decided to get one anyways with my brother for our 40 gallon, and he is the best fish/creature ever!! He eats bloodworms out of my hands, and even swims through my fingers if i am adjusting a plant or cleaning the tank. :)

I havent heard of many people owning peacock eels on AA, and i would like to know of other owners, and their experiences! Peacock eels!!! Haha :)

FreshwaterTropical said:
I love my peacock eel!

Is yours very sociable? I thank you for all the info you gave me awhile back, which convinced me to get one!

Haha i love nu nu! He likes me more then e likes gboy because i usually feed him blood worms :) haha

My bad y'all I think this was the thread I accidently posted shut up. Man I'm on my phone and I thought the open box was a text I just received. I sent shut up in the text or so I believed. Didn't mean to post that here. Sorry if it offended anyone. this site has been Mega helpful to me.

I have two and they're out all the time swimming all over the place they eat from my hand. My fire eel rarely comes out though and I also picked up a zig zag eel which seems to have disappeared on me. Tight lid no holes to get out of either.

iheartmyed9 said:
My bad y'all I think this was the thread I accidently posted shut up. Man I'm on my phone and I thought the open box was a text I just received. I sent shut up in the text or so I believed. Didn't mean to post that here. Sorry if it offended anyone. this site has been Mega helpful to me.

No worries, i dont think you posted it on this thread

fadetoblack06 said:
I have two and they're out all the time swimming all over the place they eat from my hand. My fire eel rarely comes out though and I also picked up a zig zag eel which seems to have disappeared on me. Tight lid no holes to get out of either.

So ypu have 2 peacocks and a fire and a zig zag? An eel tank! Haha

fadetoblack06 said:

Do your eels ever breed?!? Is it possible in captivity? That woul be so cool!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Do your eels ever breed?!? Is it possible in captivity? That woul be so cool!

Peacock eels have never been bred in captivity. Not sure about any other eels?

HN1 said:
Please stay on topic folks.

Yes.

So no one else out there has one?! Only 3 people on here!? Hmm well that is a bummer for everyone who doesnt! ;)

Back
Top Bottom