Peacock eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can i buy a peacock eel? I have a krib female and 2 german blue rams in a 20g long and was wondering if i could get a peacock eel. And if that wont work out could i put it in a 55 gallon tank with a jack dempsey?

a 20 long is much too small you can put it with the JD if there is enough hiding spaces for the eel. you will need a tight fitting lid, they will slither out of the smallest nook and cranny.

Honestly- unless you have a tank over 90g an eel, though not hyperactive, will be stressed out possibly stunted while they mature.... Unless you're meticulous about scaping I'd look into a couple smaller eel like/ snake like species....

Honestly- unless you have a tank over 90g an eel, though not hyperactive, will be stressed out possibly stunted while they mature.... Unless you're meticulous about scaping I'd look into a couple smaller eel like/ snake like species....

Yeah if the eel cant fit in my 20g long than im not getting one because the 55g is a SA cichlid tank and i wouldnt fit in.

Yeah if the eel cant fit in my 20g long than im not getting one because the 55g is a SA cichlid tank and i wouldnt fit in.

get some kuhli loaches for the 20 :) here is one of my favorite fishies
img_2612349_0_652e8b5e76b48981c6fcd3aa59f3f0f1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom